Equal Opportunities Group
The Equal Opportunities Group at the Department of Information Technology works to combat gender stereotypes and promote equality, at our department, and within the field of information technology in general.
Equal opportunities means giving everybody the chance to do their best regardless of gender, sexual identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief system, functional impairment, sexual preference or age.
The basic position for the equal opportunities group at the department of information technology is that the choices individuals make should be based on each person's talents and interests, and not expectations based on damaging biases. We believe that breaking the different unfortunate stereotypes that have and continue to colour information technology as a subject area will contribute to greater justice and freedom in our society.
Read more about the Equal Opportunities Group in the department's Equal Opportunities Plan for 201X.
Call for Projects
Do you have an idea for a project to improve gender equality? Apply for funds via the link below. Students and faculty at the department are welcome to apply:
Equal opportunities funding for parental leave
Associate Senior Lecturers and Post Doctoral Research Fellows who are/will be on parental leave may apply for funding of 100 000 Skr to be used to maintain/continue their research during/after their period of leave.
Important Links and Information
- Gender Equality Plan 201X
- The University plan for equal opportunities 2014-2016
- Report about pedagogic and equity at the IT department, by Sven Sandberg.
- Rådet för lika villkor ("Equality Council." In Swedish only).
- Gender equality in academic recruitment processes
- FESTA Power Point
- Center for Women Researchers in Scientific Computing.
Get in touch with our contacts for more information and assistance:
- Equal Opportunities Officer is Åsa Cajander.
- Secretary is Anna-Lena Forsberg.
- Contact persons regarding sexual harassment are Anna-Lena Forsberg and Karolina Malm Holmgren.
Members of our gender equality group are
- Dave Clarke (CSD)
- Mats Daniels (DoCS)
- Gunilla Kreiss (TDB)
- Mikael Laaksoharju (Vi2)
- Karolina Malm Holmgren (T)
- Lawrence Murray (Syscon)
- Emmaline Trossvik (A)
- We meet in room 4306 once a month, usually every last Thursday of the month.
- Our meetings are open for anyone interested, sign up through mailing Anna-Lena Forsberg
Meeting dates 2018
|Week day||Dates||Time||Main theme of the meeting|
|Wednesday||JAN 24||13:30-14:30||Better PhD Student Education for all (section 3.3 in the action plan)|
|Thursday||FEB 22||13:30-14:30||Ingela Nyström comes and gives a presentation on her work from the perspective of gender and diversity|
|Thursday||MAR 22||13:30-15:30||Applications + A Better Gender Situation of Technical and Administrative (TA) Personnel (section 3.1 in the action plan)|
|Thursday||May 3||13:30-14:30||Gender Equality Aware Education that Creates a Better Learning Environment for All (section 3.2 in the action plan)|
|Friday||JUNE 8||9:30-10:30||Anne Carpenter, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, visits for morning fika to talk about Being a woman in science from a North American perspective, today and in the future.|
|Thursday||AUG 23||13:30-15:30||Applications + Better PhD Student Education for all (section 3.3 in the action plan)|
|Tuesday- Wednesdat||OCT 16-17||(lunch to lunch)||Equal Opportunities Group Retreat|
|Thursday||OCT 25||13:30-15:30||Applications + Supporting Women in Post Doc-, Associate Senior Lecturers- or Senior Lecturers Positions (section 3.4 in the action plan)|
Fika meetings: one Thursday a month
- Time: 15.15
- Room: 4308
- We meet and have fika together, only informally. Open for anyone interested!
- We take coffee/tea at the staff room and if someone wants to bring something edible to share it´s fine but we don´t order in especially.
Fika dates 2018
Minutes from Meetings of the Equal Opportunities Group
Minutes from all meetings of the Equal Opportunities Group are presented in medarbetarportalen.
Minutes from the current year can also be accessed via these links, older minutes are archived below.
- Gender Equality Plan for the department for 2017
- Gender Equality Plan for the department for 2016
- Gender Equality Plan for the department for 2015
- Gender Equality Plan for the department for 2014
- Equity plan for the department for 2013
- Equity plan for the department for 2012 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2011 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2010 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2009 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2008 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2007 (Swedish only). (See also the plan for 2006.)
- Equity plan for the faculty 2007-2008 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the university 2007-2009 with action plan for 2007 (both English and Swedish). Note especially fortlöpande uppdrag till fakultetsnämnder och institutioner/motsvarande.
- The queer-sociological film seminar at the Dept of Sociology (fall 2006)
- Course in gender theory for PhD students, researchers and teachers at Uppsala University. Apply no later than September 8, 2006.
- Survey about gender equality and pedagogy at the IT department, by Sven Sandberg (Swedish only).
- Science Faculty equity committee (representative for our section is Elisabeth Larsson).
- Uppsala Universitety equity committee.
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-11-25 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-10-07-08 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-08-26 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-04-29 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-03-25 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-03-03
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-01-28
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-11-26
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-10-29
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-08-27
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-05-28
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-04-29
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-03-26
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-02-26
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-10-23
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-10-02
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-05-29
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-04-24
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-03-22
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-02-20
- Minutes from the meeting on 2012-12-14
- Minutes from the meeting on 2012-10-26