These groups are responsible for managing daily operations at the department.
Ledningsgruppen (the management group)
The management group handles daily management and execution of the board´s decisions. Members of the board are: Head of the department, Heads of the divisions, Head of Education, the Head of Research, Public Relation Officer, Economist, Personnel Administrator and co-coordinators for the administrative group and the system support group. The manage group has meetings every week.
Members of the Management Group:
- Ulrika Andersson Personel Administratator (secretary) (substitute Anna-Lena Forsberg)
- Gunilla Kreiss, Head of Research
- Joachim Parrow, Head of Division Computing Science (substitute Aletta Nylén)
- Stefan Engblom , Head of Division Systems and Control
- Karolina Malm Holmgren, respresentative for IT-support staff
- Emanuel Rubensson, Head of Division Scientific Computing (substitute Elisabeth Larsson)
- Elizabeth Neu Morén, Head of the Administrative Support Unit (substitute NN)
- Tobias Wrigstad, Head of Education
- Robin Strand, Head of Division Visual Information and Interaction (substitute Åsa Cajander)
- Philipp Rümmer, Head of Division Computer Systems (substitute Christian Rohner)
- Lina von Sydow, Head of Department (chair) (substitute Robin Strand)
Studierektorsgruppen (Group of Directors of undergraduate studies)
Studierektorsgruppen consists of the Directors of undergraduate studies, subject coordinators and the Head of Education. The group manages current and long-term education matters and prepares matters on behalf of the steering group, the Head of Department and / or the Board.
Members of the group:
- Tobias Wrigstad, Head of Education (chair)
- Mohamed Faouzi Atig and Mats Daniels, Director of undergraduate studies, Division of Computer Systems, spec. recruitment
- Tjark Weber Director of undergraduate studies, Division of Computing Science, spec. quality in education
- Filip Malmberg, Director of undergraduate studies, Division of Systems and Control, spec. staffing
- Jarmo Rantakokko and Stefan Pålsson, Director of undergraduate studies, Division of Scientific Computing, spec. pedagogical development
GRUPPEN FÖR PROGRAMANSVARIGA PROFESSORER (PAP-Group: the professors & programme directors group)
The PAP-group is made up by the professors in charge with directing the research programmes at the department. The group’s main purpose is to coordinate the joint strategic efforts to develop the research at the department. This entails discussing proposals based on feedback from the department’s divisions on how faculty funds that are not specifically bound to a research program are to be distributed and used. The group may also be commissioned to manage other general research issues. Chair of the PAP-group is the Head of Research.
Members of the PAP-group:
- David Black-Schaffer, professor and programme director for the programme in Computer Architecture and Communication Systems
- Pierre Flener, professor and programme director for the programme in Computing Science
- Sverker Holmgren, professor and programme director for the programme in Applied Scientific Computing
- Bengt Jonsson, professor and programme director for the programme in Computer Systems
- Gunilla Kreiss, research prefect, professor and programme director for the programme in Numerical Analysis (chair)
- Alexander Medvedev, professor and programme director for the programme in Systems and Control
- Carolina Wählby, professor and programme director for the programme in Image Analysis and Human-Computer Interaction
- Mats Daniels professor and programme director for the programme in Computing education research
- Thomas Schön professor and programme director for the programme in Artificial Intelligence
The Group of Professors Responsible for PhD Programs
For each PhD program, there is a professor appointed by the faculty board, who is responsible for the overall quality of the PhD program including PhD courses offered and dissertations produced as well as the development of the subject area in collaboration with other professors in the subject area. Chair of the group is the director of Research Education.
- Parosh Abdulla and Pierre Flener (chair) (Computer Science)
- Mats Daniels (Computer Science with a specialisation in Computer Science Education Research)
- Sverker Holmgren (Computer Science with a specialisation in Database Technology)
- Anders Arweström Jansson (Computer Science with a specialisation in Human-Computer Interaction)
- Thiemo Voigt (Computer Science with a specialisation in Computer Communication)
- Wang Yi (Computer Science with a specialisation in Embedded Systems)
- Maya Neytcheva (Scientific Computing)
- Ken Mattson (Scientific Computing with a specialisation in Numerical Analysis)
- Alexander Medvedev (Electrical Engineering with a specialisation in Automatic Control)
- Thomas Schön (Electrical Engineering with a specialisation in Signal Processing)
- Ingela Nyström (Computerised Image Processing)
Lika villkorsgruppen (Equal Opportunities Group)
The members of the Equal Opportunities Group are assigned to work as a drafting committee in matters regarding gender equality, for example follow and evaluate the equality work, suggest equality efforts and also plan and realise equality projects. Furthermore, the group members have a task of respectively informing their divisions/equivalent and Heads of Divisions/equivalent about the groups work.
Mandate for staff ends 220531.
Please see the groups web page for information about the group members.
Studievägledargruppen (Student Counsellors Group)
The student counsellors handle current matters and long-term planning regarding support and administration concerning students. The group handles coordination between the department's student counselling, the programme student counselling and the Student Office, and also collaborations with external resources and administrative units regarding the handling of student matters.
(See also the Student Counsellors's web page for more information about Student Counselling.)
The Work Environment Group (Arbetsmiljögruppen)
The Work Environment Group prepare and follow up the Action Plan for the Work Environment and is responsible for safety inspections. The group meets 3 times a year.
- Vacant (safety officer)
- Ulrika Andersson (HR-generalist)
- Anna-Lena Forsberg (HR-generalist)
- Marina Nordholm (safety officer)
- Lina von Sydow (chair/Head of Department)
- Märta Haeggström (students' representative) for 2020
The Crisis and Crisis Support Group (Krisberedskapsgruppen)
The Crisis and Crisis Support Group produces and updates guidelines and checklists, as well as acting when the need of crisis arises. The group holds meetings 1-2 times per year.
Crisis panel's members:
- Ulrika Andersson (HR-generalist)
- Lise-Lott Dominicus (student counselor)
- Marina Nordholm (safety officer)
- Lina von Sydow (chair / Head of Department)
- Hanna Dahl students' representative for 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org
Valberedning (Election Committee)
The Election Committee's task is to, by direction of the steering group and the board, suggest nominees for different groups.
Election committee 190901-220831 :
For committee members see Swedish page.