Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Wired network connections
- How to connect a computer to the wired network.
- Home computers and laptops
- Security, logging in, clock syncronization, WLAN.
- Secure login and file transfer (ssh, scp and sftp).
- Access the department's file server shares.
- Working from home
- How to connect, software to use, virus protection etc.
- ThinLinc in the Unix computer labs
- Using the ThinLinc workstations.
- Thinlinc client
- Seeing the Thinlinc environment in your office. Staff only!
- How work on the Unix system.
- Connecting to printers, print quotas, tips etc.
- Poster printer
- Using the poster printer (up to A0).
- Some software issues
- Emacs shortcuts in Firefox.
- The file server at Campus Polacksbacken
- How to access your home directory on the common file server at Campus Polacksbacken. Staff only!
- Backup for laptops
- Backup for laptops and other user administrated computers.
- Computing in our cloud
- How to use our cloud resources.
- CVS and SVN
- Revision control for software development.
- Email, mailing lists, signing and encryption of email
- Information about email, mailing list services and personal certificates.