The common file server for employees at Campus Polacksbacken
There is a common file-server for Campus Polacksbacken. Today, each employee (at Polacksbacken) has a home directory with a space of 100 Gb on the server.
The server name is: Pol-fs01.user.uu.se .
The home directories are mounted via the protocol Samba (see further down for mount instructions).
There are six volumes (or "shares") that holds the directories:
The username determines the volume for the home directory. Example: The user abcde123 has its home directory in A-C$ .
Log in with your username and password A.
AD connected Windows computers
The home directory will be mounted automatically.
None AD connected Windows computers
- Klick on Start and select "Computer".
- Select "Map network drive" in the menu.
- In the field "Folder" write \\Pol-fs01.user.uu.se\A-C$\abcde123. Replace "A-C$\abcde123" to what applies for you depending of your university username (see further up on this page).
- Mark "Connect using different credentials"
- Select "Finish"
- Log on with
- Username: user.uu.se\abcde123 (replace "abcde123" with your university username)
- Password: password A
- In the Finder choose
- Go -> Connect to Server
- In the Server Address field type smb://Pol-fs01.user.uu.se/A-C$/abcde123 . Replace "A-C$/abcde123" to what applies for you depending of your university username (see further up on this page).
- Log in with your university user name and password A
In a file manager choose "Connect to server" or similar (probably from one of the menus).
- Service type: Choose "Samba" or "Windows share" (or similar)
- Server: Pol-fs01.user.uu.se
- Share: The share for your home directory (see top of the page)
- Folder: Your university username
(Sometimes there are no fields for "Server", "Share" and "Folder", just for "Path" or similar. Then type Pol-fs01.user.uu.se/A-C$/abcde123 if your username is abcde123, see further up. If the field for "Service type" is also missing, then type smb://Pol-fs01.user.uu.se/A-C$/abcde123)
- Domain: user.uu.se
- Username: Your university username (if there is no field for "Domain" then you may need to use user.uu.se/university username, for example user.uu.se/abcde123)
- Password: Password A