See information with installation instructions etc on page http://www.it.uu.se/eduprint
Canon color printer
The Canon color printer (outside eduPrint) in room 2126.
- Name: pr2126
- Model: Canon iR-ADV C5235
- Color: Yes
- Scanner: USB
- Staple: Yes
- Punch: Yes
- Paper size: A4
- Installed options: Paper Deck Unit, Cassette Feeding Unit-AD2, Staple Finisher-J1 and External Puncher
- Windows driver: 32/64-bit
- MacOS X driver: Download the PS driver and the PPD
Out of toner
Make a support request (see menu to the left), under the headline "Skrivare & kopiatorer" (printers and copying machines).
N.B.! You can not access the printer from the wireless network. If you have no wired connection and plan to use it only once or very rarely, please see the section on infrequent or one-time use below.
Connecting the printer to Windows
- If this is the first time You install a printer of the current model You need to install a printer driver. Instructions for installing a new printer driver.
- Select "Printers" in the Control panel
- Select "Add printers"
- Select "The printer that I want isn't listed"
- Select "Select a shared printer by name" and enter http://ipp.srv.it.uu.se:631/printers/pr2126
- If you have previously installed a printer of the same model, then one of two things can happen:
- The correct driver is selected automatically and the installation is finished or
- You get to choose the appropriate printer model from a list, after that the installation is finished (if You don't find the correct model, cancel the installation and go to "Install a new printer driver" )
- If this is the first time You install a printer of this model (and You have already downloaded the driver as told in the instructions ) follow these steps:
- A "Add printer Wizard" appears. Select "Have disk"
- Browse to the folder where You extracted the driver files
- Look in the subdirectories for the file CNS30MA64.INF (often found in the directory "Drivers")
- Mark that file and click on "Open"
- Klick "OK"
- Select the correct manufacturer and printer model
- Klick "OK"
- Configure the printer hardware options:
- Right click on the printer symbol
- Select "Printer properties" (or similar)
- Select "Accessories" or "Device settings" (or similar)
- Set the right hardware options, see above for installed options on the printer
- Download the recommended driver (exe-file), see above under "General information".
- Unpack the file by double-click on it.
- Go to the printer installation instructions.
Connecting the printer to MacOS X
Download the driver and the PPD (see above under "General information"). To install the driver and the PPD, just download and proceed as you would when installing an application.
Add the printer
- Go to System Preferences
- Select "Print & Scan" (probably under "Hardware")
- Klick on the plus sign in the lower left corner of the area "Printers"
- Klick on "IP" at the top
- Set the following parameters:
- :.....Protocol: Internet Printing Protocol - IPP (select from a list)
- :......Address: ipp.srv.it.uu.se
- :........Queue: printers/pr2126 (for example: printers/pr1515)
- :.........Name: pr2126 (for example: pr1515)
- :.....Location: ...............(leave blank)
- :..Print Using: Select ... Software (select printer model from a list)
- Klick on "Options and Supplies" -> "Driver" and configure the printer hardware options (see above)
Duplex printing and other options on Unix
To find out the capabilities of a specific printer, use the Unix command lphelp pr2126. For a complete list of options, see the Cups manual.
Infrequent or one-time use
If you need to print a document only rarely (say, as a temporary guest or part-time employee), setting up a wired connection for this purpose may be too cumbersome. In that case you may find the following solutions more convenient.
- Transfer the file(s) to a department server, log in on that server and print the file(s) using Unix shell commands.