OBS! This information is only applicable for the Department of Information Technology
Software available for the university
For computers owned by the university only (home or private use: see below)
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus, Microsoft Office Mac and Windows Professional/Enterprise. Available for free via the EES agreement. OBS! The Windows licenses are upgrade licenses, it is required that you have a Windows license or a MacOS license already. To get the software, go to the sysadmin on duty, room 4118b. The licenses are automatically activated when connected to the wired department network (OBS! it does not work on the wireless network).
- Most other Microsoft software is available through the Microsoft DreamSpark subscription (free of charge). OBS! It is not allowed to use the software for commercial purposes.
- There is also Microsoft software with special prices for the university (can be used for commercial purposes). For a list please look at this page . Each installation has to be registered and paid for. To get the software and register licenses, make a request in Bugzilla. Please include your supervisor or the person in charge for the project that will finance the purchase so that he/she can approve it.
- Adobe products (for Windows and MacOS)
- The university has special prices on software from Apple, Symantec, Adobe, FileMaker, LabView and more (for Windows and MacOS). For a complete list please look at this page (Note: for Microsoft software, see above). Each installation has to be registered and paid for. To get the software and register licenses, make a request in Bugzilla. Please include your supervisor or the person in charge for the project that will finance the purchase so that he/she can approve it.
- Matlab (for Windows, Linux, MacOS). Free of charge (through a campus agreement for the university). Installation instructions.
- Comsol Multiphysics (for Windows, Linux, MacOS). A floating license available only within the university network. Paid by the faculty or by the department, no license fee for individual installations. Installation instructions.
Home or private use
There are different rules for different software. For detailed information about using the software at home or for private use please look at this page.
Locally available software at the department
This is software licensed and payed for by the department. There is no license fee for individual installations. CD:s can be borrowed from room 4118b.
|Sicstus prolog||Windows, Linux, MacOS||CD||Responsible person: Joel Fredriksson|
|Simics||Windows, Linux||Check here for more details||Works within the department network only|
We have a separate page with recommendations about free software.