Computer Architecture 1 (Distance), Fall 2014
(7.5hp, Periods 1-2, 1DT016, Register for UU-11220)
Instructor: German Ceballos (Office Hours: Wed 13-15, P1258), Erik Hagersten
Teaching Assistant: Ricardo Alves (Office Hours:)
Textbook: "Computer Organization & Design: The Hardware/Software Interface." Patterson and Hennesy. Revised 4th Edition, Morgan Kaufman 2007. (Earlier editions than the 4th edition do not contain the right material.)
Course Information: (in Swedish) This course will be provided online with the exception of the last review lecture before the final exam.
- Goals: Describe function and construction of a computers components including control, memory and I/O system. Write simple assembly programs.
- Contents: Von Neumann systems; RISC and CISC architectures; assembly programming; program execution and control; memory organization; I/O systems; CPU construction.
- Teaching: Required: online lectures, practice problems, lab assignments, final exam.
- Language: Lectures will be in English, but students are free to ask questions in Swedish.
- Course Start: The course will start with the first lecture on September 3rd.
Students are expected to have read the syllabus for details pertaining to scheduling, late days, grading, and requirements.