Computer Networks II Spring 2010
- The paper numbers correspond to what group is reading/presenting them
- Paper 2-5 in each block is presented at seminar "a"
- Paper 6-9 in each block is presented at seminar "b"
- Information about what seminars are "a" and "b" is found on the schedule page.
- Star marked (*) papers are available for reviewing
- You can not review a paper presented by your own group
- You can not submit more than one review per block
- You can not submit more than 4 reviews in total
- You can not submit a review of a paper presented in a seminar you are writing a make-up review for
- If you miss a seminar, you can compensate for one seminar occasion by writing a make-up review
- If you miss seminar "a", review paper 2-5 in that block. If you miss seminar "b", review paper 6-9 in that block.
Block 1: Internet Architecture and History
- (*) Clark D. D., The Design Philosophy of the DARPA Internet Protocols, in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM'88, 1988.
- Saltzer J. H., Reed D. P. and Clark, D. D., End-to-end Arguments in System Design , ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, 2(4):195-206, 1984
- (*) Ratnasamy S., Shenker S., and McCanne S., "Towards an Evolvable Internet Architecture," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2005.
- (*) Anderson T., Shenker S., Stoica J., and Wetherall D., "Design Guidelines for Robust Internet Protocols," ACM Computer Communication Reviews, vol. 33, no. 1, 2003.
- Balakrishnan, H., Padmanabhan, V. N., and Katz, R., "The Effects of Asymmetry on TCP Performance," in Proceedings of ACM MOBICOM, 1997.
- "Binary Increase Congestion Control for Fast, Long Distance Networks," in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2004.
- Van Jacobson and Michael Karels, Reno - Congestion Avoidance and Control, in Proceedings of SIGCOMM, 1988 (revised version).
- (*) Saverio Mascolo, Claudio Casetti, Mario Gerla, M. Y. Sanadidi and Ren Wang TCP Westwood: Bandwidth Estimation for Enhanced Transport over Wireless Links, in Proceedings of MobiCom, 2001.
- (*) Tangmunarunkit H., Govindan R., Shenker S., and Estrin D., "The Impact of Routing Policy on Internet Paths," in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM 2001.
Block 2: Internet Measurements and Performance
- Cheng Y-C., Bellardo J., Benkö P., Snoeren A., Voelker G., and Savage S., "Jigsaw: Solving the Puzzle of Enterprise 802.11 Analysis," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2006.
- (*) Neglia G., Reina G., Zhang H., Towsley D., Venkataramani A., and Danaher J., "Availability in BitTorrent Systems," to appear in Proceedings of Infocom 2007.
- (*) Bychkovsky V., Hull B., Miu A., Balakrishnan H., and Samuel M., "A Measurement Study of Vehicular Internet Access Using In Situ WiFi Networks," in Proceedings of ACM MOBICOM 2006.
- (*) Ramachandran, A., and Feamster, N., "Understanding the Network-Level Behavior of Spammers," in Proceedings of ACM Sigcomm 2006.
- Subramanian. L., Stoica, I., Balakrishnan, H., and Katz, R., "OverQoS: Offering Internet QoS Using Overlays," ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communications Review, January 2003.
- (*) Johnson D., Stack T., Fish R., Flickinger D. M., Stroller L., Ricci R., and Lepreau J., " Mobile Emulab: A Robotic Wireless and Sensor Network testbed," in Proceedings of IEEE Infocom 2006.
- Kurkowski S., Camp T., and Colagrosso M., "MANET Simulation Studies: The Incredibles," ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Computing and Communications Review, October 2005.
- (*) Floyd S., and Kohler E., "Internet Research Needs Better Models," ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communications Review, January 2003.
- Anja Feldmann, Albert Greenberg, Carsten Lund, Nick Reingold, Jennifer Rexford and Fred True, Deriving Traffic Demands for Operational IP Networks: Methodology and Experience, ACM Computer Communication Reviews, vol 30, no. 4, 2000.
Block 3: Current issues in Networking
- Pajic M., Mangharam R., Anti-Jamming for Embedded Wireless Networks, In ACM SenSys 2009.
- (*) Xie Y. Yu F., Abadi M., De-anonymizing the Internet Using Unreliable IDs, In ACM SIGCOMM 2009.
- Meyerowitz J., Choudhury R., Hiding stars with fireworks: location privacy through camouflage, In ACM MobiCOM 2009.
- Stone-Gross B., Cova, M., Cavarollo L., Gilberg B., Szydlowski M., Your Botnet is my Botnet: Analysis of a Botnet Takeover, In ACM CCS 2009.
- (*) Tippenhauer, N., Rasmussen K., Pöpper C., Capkun S., Attacks on public WLAN-based positioning systems, In ACM MobiSys 2009.
- (*) Aagarwal W., Hodges S., Chandra R., Scott J., Bahl P., Gupta R, Somniloquy: Augmenting Network Interfaces to Reduce PC Energy Usage, In NSDI 2009.
- Kreibich C., Kanich C, Levchenko K., Enright B., Voelker G, Paxson V., Savage S., Spamcraft: An Inside Look at Spam Campaign Orchestration, In LEET 2009.
- (*) John J., Katz-Basset E., Krishnamurthy A., Anderson T., Venkataramani A., Consensus Routing: The Internet as a Distributed System, In NSDI 2008.
Block 4: Wireless and Mobile Networking
- (*) Biswas S., and Morris R., "ExOR: Opportunistic Multi-Hop Routing for Wireless Networks," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2005.
- Heusse M., Rousseau F., Berger-Sabbatel G., and Duda A., "Performance Anomaly of 802.11b," in Proceedings of INFOCOM 2003.
- Katti S., Hariharan R., Hu W., Katabi D., Médard M., and Crowcroft J., "XORs in The Air: Practical Wireless Network Coding," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2006.
- (*) Gavin Holland and Nitin Vaidya, Analysis of TCP Performance over Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, in Proceedings of ACM MobiCom 1999.
- Richard Draves, Jitendra Padhye and Brian Zill, Comparison of Routing Metrics for Static Multi-Hop Wireless Networks, in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2004.
- (*) Emiliano Miluzzo, Nicholas D. Lane, Kristóf Fodor, Ronald Peterson, Hong Lu, Mirco Musolesi, Shane B. Eisenman, Xiao Zheng+, Andrew T. Campbell, "Sensing Meets Mobile Social Networks: The Design,. Implementation and Evaluation of the CenceMe Application"
- (*) Bahl P., Chandra R., Moscibroda T., Murty R., Welsh M., White Space Networking with Wi-Fi like Connectivity, In ACM SIGCOMM 2009
- Aruna Balasubramanian, Brian Neil Levine, and Arun Venkataramani. "DTN Routing as a Resource Allocation Problem", In Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, pages 373-384, August 2007.
- Jungkeun Yoon, Brian D. Noble, Mingyan Liu. Building Realistic Mobility Models from. Coarse-Grained Traces, MobiSys 2006.
Block 5: Future Internets
- (*) Chamara Gunaratne, Ken Christensen and Bruce Nordman, Managing energy consumption costs in desktop PCs and LAN switches with proxying, split TCP connections, and scaling of link speed, International Journal of Network Management, 2005.
- David D. Clark, John Wroclawski, Karen R. Sollins and Robert Braden, Tussle in cyberspace: defining tomorrow's internet, in Proceedings of SIGCOMM, 2002.
- (*) Scott J., Hui P., Crowcroft J., and Diot C., "Haggle: a Networking Architecture Designed Around Mobile Users," in Proceedings of IFIP International Conference on Wireless On demand Network Systems and Services (WONS) 2006.
- (*) Fall K., "A Delay-Tolerant Network Architecture for Challenged Internets," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2003.
- Farrell S., Cahill V., Geraghty D., Humphreys I., McDonald P., When TCP Breaks: Delay- and Disruption- Tolerant Networking, Internet Computing, IEEE, Volume 10, Issue 4, Page(s):72 - 78, 2006.
- Kohler E., Handley M., and Floyd S., "Designing DCCP: Congestion Control Without Reliability," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2006.
- (*) Ballani H., and Francis P., "Towards a Global IP Anycast Service," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2005.
- Ratnasamy S., Ermolinskiy A., and Shenker S., "Revisiting IP Multicast," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2006.
- (*) M. Handley and A. Greenhalgh, Steps towards a DoS-Resistant Internet Architecture, FDNA, 2004.