Tools: Instructions and Resources
CVS and TortoiseCVS
- IT-department's guide to CVS
- TortoiseCVS user guide and FAQ, a windows CVS frontend integrated into explorer, very nice.
- Access your group repository with pserver as descibed in the cvs guide
- Accessing your repository
- set CVSROOT to :pserver:spel09_NN@cvs.srv.it.uu.se:/spel09_NN, you will be asked to enter password.
- or set CVSROOT to :pserver:spel09_NN:firstname.lastname@example.org:/spel09_NN (not recommended)
- The module you want to checkout is named game
- Ant from apache: ANT main page
- ANT tutorials can be found here: Tutorial 1, more...
- You can also find a lot more information on google.
- A simple example with HelloWorld and a build file
- A simple ant jar example, with java code that loads an image from within a jarfile and shows it in a window
- A simple yet powerful paint program called Paint.NET (freeware).
- It will be available in the PC-LAB.
- If you would like to download it you can find it here: Paint.NET
- Inkscape, a free vector graphics editor.
- Go to Inkscape download page
- GIMP, a free graphics manipulation software
- Artweaver, simple freeware for creative painting
- Netbeans, a free IDE for Java (installed in PC-labs)
- Eclipse, a free IDE for java.