What is important to read?
Everything beneath required reading here on this page and in each lecture is mandatory to read, i.e. it makes the basic reading for the final exam.
Links and text beneath optional reading is not formally mandatory reading, but necessary to attain a deeper knowledge in the area.
The main literature for the course is Benyon, D. (2010). Designing interactive systems: A Comprehensive Guide to HCI and Ineraction Design. ISBN: 978-0-321-43533-0.
It is possible to use other basic HCI-books like Human-Computer Interaction by Dix et al. (2004), Human-Computer Interaction by Jenny Preece et.al. or Designing the User Interface by Ben Schneiderman.
- Ethical Competence and Confidence for IT Users and Designers by Iordanis Kavathatzopoulos
- OLE, A tool for evaluating IT with regards to organisation, learning and ethics by Iordanis Kavathatzopoulos * (Swedish version)
- Autonomy method by Mikael Erlandsson and Iordanis Kavathatzopoulos
- IT user learning the role of informal processes by Iordanis Kavathatzopoulos.
- Användarcentrerad systemdesign (2002) by Jan Gulliksen and Bengt Göransson (Chapter 1)
- "To do" gets more attention than "to understand" Pupils' use of ICT in some Swedish classrooms by Jörgen Nissen and Gunilla Jedeskog
- Persona - An Overview by Stefan Blomkvist
- Workspaces enhance efficiency by Lif, Olsson, Gulliksen & Sandblad (from Magnus Lifs dissertation)
- Integrating work environment considerations into usability evaluation methods - the ADA approach by Åborg, Sandblad, Gulliksen och Lif
Organizations in the HCI-area
Mostly in Swedish.
- NITA - Nationellt IT-användarcentrum Mötesplats för IT-användarfrågor.
- STIMDI - Sveriges Tvärvetenskapliga Intresseförening För Människa-Datorinteraktion.
Databases and Other Link Libraries
- HCI Bibliography - HCI Resources, Literature, databases and other links.
- HCIRN - Human-Computer Interaction Resource Network.
Usability and Evaluation
- Useit.com Jakob Nielsen's website about usable information technology. Jakob Neilsen is one of few usability experts known outside the usability area and advocates usability engineering. Useit.com contains a lot of articles of mostly usability for the web.
- A conclusion of different methods for usability evaluation. Usability Evaluation.
- Design guidelines:
- Aqua Human Interface Guidelines for Mac OS X
- Java Look and Feel Design Guidelines
- MS Official Guidelines for User Interface Developers and Designers
- Web Style Guide: Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites
- Nielsens most recent 10 guidelines for design of web sites
- Boxes and Arrows - a peer-written journal dedicated to discussing, improving and promoting the work of bringing architecture and design to the digital landscape: information architecture, information design, interaction design, interface design.
- Goal-directed design och Personas
- Commercial development models:
- RUP is considered as a quite complicated and extensive process. A alternative is Agile modeling , a summary of several more "easy" methods where extreme programming (XP) is the most known.
- About usecases - a important part e.g. RUP
- Psychological experiments online, Department of Psychology, University of Essex. Online Experiments. Visual Phenomena & Other Psychological Diversions.
IT, stress and arbetsmiljö
IT och lärande