There will be a written exam concluding the course, on May 24th 2011, 14:00 - 16:00, Gimogatan 4, Sal 2. The first re-exam is on August 20th 2011, 9:00 - 11:00, Polacksbacken, Skrivsal.
Topics relevant for the exam
The following topics are relevant, to the degree they were discussed in the lectures, assignments, and the (elevator) lab.
- Basic C programming
- Use of micro-controller such as ports, pins, timers, interrupts; interfacing peripherals such as switches
- Operating system features such as tasks, fixed-priority scheduling, queues, semaphores (referring to the FreeRTOS model)
- Approaches to multi-tasking (basic knowledge); rate-monotonic scheduling
- Fixed-point arithmetic
- Testing, coverage criteria
- Reliability, fault tolerance
- Basic Lustre programming, definition of simple nodes and synchronous observers
It is not necessary to memorise concrete API/library functions for any of the topics. If needed to answer any of the exam questions, information on APIs and libraries will be provided.
Format of the exam
- Duration: 2 hours
- Format of questions: mixture of: analysis/discussion/explanation; multiple choice; identification of mistakes in a given program; writing of a small program
- Grading: U, 3, 4, 5. Max 60 points can be achieved; 24 are required for 3; 36 required for 4; 48 required for 5.