The main written exam for the course will take place on May 25th 2012, 8:00 - 10:00, Bergsbrunnagatan 15, sal 1.
Topics relevant for the exam
The following topics are relevant, to the degree they were discussed in the lectures, assignments, and the (elevator) lab.
- Basic C programming
- Use of micro-controller such as ports, pins, timers, interrupts; interfacing peripherals such as switches
- Operating system features such as tasks, fixed-priority scheduling, queues, semaphores (referring to the FreeRTOS model)
- Approaches to multi-tasking (basic knowledge); rate-monotonic scheduling
- Fixed-point arithmetic
- Testing, coverage criteria
- Reliability, fault tolerance
- Basic Lustre programming, definition of simple nodes and synchronous observers
- Basic knowledge of the properties and features of Real-time Java
- Basic knowledge of the properties and features of RTAI
It is not necessary to memorise concrete API/library functions for any of the topics. If needed to answer any of the exam questions, information on APIs and libraries will be provided.
Format of the exam
- Duration: 2 hours
- Format of questions: mixture of: analysis/discussion/explanation; multiple choice; identification of mistakes in a given program; writing of a small program
- Grading: U, 3, 4, 5. Max 60 points can be achieved; 24 are required for 3; 36 required for 4; 48 required for 5.