This project is now completed. The aim of the project was to thoroughly reform the introductory courses in scientific computing. Gender awareness encompassed all changes, with the intent purpose of rendering the courses more attractive for female students, and thus broadening the recruitment basis for the courses, the subject, and the study programs in which the courses are given.
In a long term perspective, we see this revision as part of a larger scale reformation of the engineering programs. The project was supported by NSHU, The Swedish Agency for Networks and Cooperation in Higher Education.
The project has been presented at several conferences and seminars, e.g. the following occasions:
- Seminar at the Department of mathematics, Linköping University.
- NU2008 in Kalmar.
- Seminar at Simula research laboratory, Oslo.
- First year conference, Faculty of Science and Technology , Uppsala University.
- Engineering Education Development, KTH, Stockholm.
- Uppsala Universitety Conference in University Pedagogics.