Please read your relevant curriculum at subject curricula in order to understand the course requirements of (your specialisation of) your PhD programme.
Mandatory Courses by the TekNat Faculty
- A course on research ethics, minimum 2 credits, is a requirement for all PhD students applying for a licentiate degree or a PhD degree: scroll down for Ethics of Technology and Science at TekNat Postgraduate Courses.
- A course on teacher training, minimum 7.5 credits, is mandatory for PhD students with teaching duties: search for University Educational Theory at TekNat Postgraduate Courses.
Faculty-Wide Courses by the TekNat Faculty
Faculty-wide PhD courses shared by all the departments within the TekNat Faculty are aimed at PhD students within several subjects and specialisations: see the current offerings at TekNat Faculty-Wide Postgraduate Courses.
Courses by the IT Department
The IT Department offers a core curriculum of PhD courses regularly. In addition, PhD courses in the form of seminars and guest lectures are often organised, in order to cover special issues and timely research topics. Here are the course lists of the four PhD programmes (including those of their specialisations):
Every PhD student is free to attend every course of every programme, so all four lists should be browsed.
Other Sites with Relevant Courses
- Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Uppsala University: sign up for their mailing list in case you are interested in such courses
- Swedish e-Science Education, postgraduate school