Information about the IT web
System for creating web pages
There are two main methods for creating web pages, with WIKI and with HTML files with PHP-templates. Both methods automatically use the Uppsala University standard layout.
Take the WIKI TOUR Start here. The WIKI system uses a simplified language edited through a browser. WIKI supports the following features:
- Editing through browser, file management is not required.
- Simplified language, knowledge about HTML is not required.
- Makes it easy for several persons to edit the same page.
- May be read- and write-protected in a flexible way. Example: Only read from computers on IT network.
- Files, e.g. pdf-files, can be uploaded.
With PHP-templates the pages are written as usual HTML files, with some differences to support the Upppsala University layout.
- Guidelines for names of web pages (URLs).
- News in the Wiki system.
- Manual for creating course homepages.
- Presentation of the Wiki system and PHP-templates, from IT pub 21/11 2002.
- Protection (passwords) for your PHP-template webpages.
- Bugzilla Bug tracker for www.it.uu.se
- Awstats statistics for www.it.uu.se (limited access)
- Administrative pages for wiki pages
- Sandbox for wiki pages