My research interest is focused on mobile data communication and wireless security.
Some current work:
- Location privacy and participatory sensing: trade-offs and approaches to provide quality of information and location privacy at the same time.
- Battery Discharge Behavior: energy performance of protocols and applications for small wireless devices.
- Congestion management in opportunistic networks: selection and order of data transfer has a significant impact on the performance of the network.
- Trace-based performance analysis of opportunistic forwarding: novel method to build space-time graphs that is up to 3 orders faster than simulations.
- Haggle: content-centric network architecture for opportunistic networks. I was responsible for the design of the Haggle architecture together with Erik Nordström, Haggle is implemented on different (mobile) platforms, you find the code at Google Code.
I enjoy being supervisor to the talented PhD student Ioana Rodhe (since 2006) and Volkan Cambazoglu (since 2011) in wireless security, Fredrik Bjurefos (since 2006) in opportunistic networks, and Hjalmar Wennerström (since 2011) in communication networks for natural disaster science.
- Sensor Network/Ad-hoc:
REALWSN 2013, DCOSS 2013, SNCNW 2012, SNCNW 2011, REALWSN 2010, VTC 2009-Spring, REALWSN 2008, EWSN 2008, EWSN 2007, REALMAN 2006, REALWSN 2006, REALMAN 2005
CHANTS 2012, AOC 2012, MobiOpp 2012, AOC 2011, AOC 2010, MobiOpp 2010, MobiHeld 2009, AOC 2009, AWN 2009, AOC 2008, MobiOpp 2007
- Senior Member IEEE, Member ACM