doctoral/PhD student at Department of Information Technology, Division of Scientific Computing
Also available at
This paragraph is not available in English, therefore the Swedish version is shown.
I am a PhD student in numerical analysis at the Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics (CIM) and Division of Scientific Computing. I am working on a research project on computer simulation of geologic carbon dioxide sequestration processes. My focus is on a few aspects of such a simulation. First, methods for uncertainty quantification of quantities achieved from such a simulation, e.g., capacity of a reservoir. Second, methods for multi-scale treatment of the multi-phase flow problem that arises when modeling the sequestration process.
My principal supervisor is Docent Axel Målqvist at Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Gothenburg, and my two co-supervisors Prof. Auli Niemi and Docent Fritjof Fagerlund are at the Program for Air, Water and Landscape Sciences, Uppsala University.
- F. Hellman and A. Målqvist, ''Contrast independent localization of multiscale problems'', submitted, arXiv.
- F. Hellman, P. Henning, and A. Målqvist, ''Multiscale mixed finite elements'', Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series S (DCDS-S), 9(5), 2016, pp. 1269-1298, doi.
- F. Fagerlund, F. Hellman, A. Målqvist, and A. Niemi, ''Multilevel Monte Carlo methods for computing failure probability of porous media flow systems'', Advances in Water Resources, 94, 2016, pp. 498-509, doi.
- D. Elfverson, F. Hellman, and A. Målqvist, ''A multilevel Monte Carlo method for computing failure probabilities'', SIAM/ASA J. Uncertainty Quantification, 4(1), 2016, pp. 312-330, doi.
- D. Elfverson, D. J. Estep, F. Hellman, and A. Målqvist, ''Uncertainty quantification for approximate p-quantiles for physical models with stochastic inputs'', SIAM/ASA J. Uncertainty Quantification, 2(1), 2014, pp. 826-850, doi.
- H. Bar-Gera, F. Hellman, and M. Patriksson, ''Computational precision of traffic equilibria sensitivities in automatic network design and road pricing'', Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 57, 2013, pp. 485-500, doi.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.