– PhD Student
I am a doctoral student at the Division of Scientific Computing at Uppsala University. Sverker Holmgren is my principal advisor.
My research is focused on the development and implementation of massive-scale parallel and adaptive algorithms, particularly for high-dimensional time-dependent partial differential equations. I am also interested in communication avoiding algorithms for numerical linear algebra.
Other papers and reports
Towards an adaptive solver for high-dimensional PDE problems on clusters of multicore processors. Licentiate thesis, IT licentiate theses / Uppsala University, Department of Information Technology nr 2012-003, 2012. (External link).
Numerical evaluation of the Communication-Avoiding Lanczos algorithm. Technical report / Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University nr 2012-001, 2012. (External link).
Stable difference methods for block-structured adaptive grids. Technical report / Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University nr 2011-022, 2011. (External link).
Efficient implementation of a high-dimensional PDE-solver on multicore processors. In Proc. 2nd Swedish Workshop on Multi-Core Computing, pp 64-66, Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden, 2009.
- M. Gustafsson: Towards an adaptive solver for high-dimensional PDE problems on clusters of multicore processors, Licentiate seminar, Uppsala, March 2012.
- M. Gustafsson, K. Kormann, S. Holmgren: Communication-efficient Krylov methods for exponential integration in quantum dynamics, PARA 2010, Reykjavík, June 2010.
- M. Gustafsson, K. Kormann, S. Holmgren: Parallel Lanczos-based exponential integrators for quantum dynamics, CMCIM 2010, Copper Mountain, April 2010.
- M. Gustafsson, S. Holmgren: Multicore-tailored implementation of s-step methods for high-dimensional PDEs, SIAM PP 2010, Seattle, February 2010.
- M. Gustafsson, S. Holmgren: Optimizing high-dimensional stencil operators for multicore processors, MCC 2009, Uppsala, November 2009.
- M. Gustafsson, S. Holmgren: An implementation framework for solving high-dimensional PDEs on massively parallel computers, ENUMATH 2009, Uppsala, June 2009.
- M. Gustafsson, A. Nissen, K. Kormann: High-Dimensional Adaptive Grids for Time-Dependent PDEs, SIAM CSE, Reno, March 2011.