visiting senior lecturer at Department of Information Technology, Division of Computer Systems
- Visiting address:
- ITC, Lägerhyddsv. 2, hus 1
- Postal address:
- Box 337
751 05 UPPSALA
Keywords: computer architecture energy efficient computing memory systems
Also available at
Magnus Själander is Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and he is Visiting Senior Lecturer at the Department of Information Technology at Uppsala University. He is the coordinator of the Energy Efficient Computing Systems (EECS) research initiative at NTNU. Själander has an M.Sc. from Luleå University and a Ph.D. from Chalmers University of Technology.
Själander's research focuses on the design of high-performance and energy-efficient systems at all scales. His background lies primarily in computer architecture and circuit design, and he has led implementation projects in both FPGA and ASIC technologies. Recent projects focus increasingly on hardware/software codesign and efficient low-power systems (compiler, architecture, and hardware implementation) for high-efficiency computing. The driving philosophy behind these projects is that by extracting more information from the application and by monitoring the system, we can better control the hardware to use resources more efficiently in terms of performance and power.
- Computer Architecture and Design (CARD) at NTNU
- Energy Efficient Computing Systems (EECS) at NTNU
- Uppsala Architecture Research Team (UART)
- Towards Low Power ICT
- Power Management for LTE basestations
- Twin-Precision Multipliers
- Table of VLSI Related Conferences
- TDT4260 Computer Architecture, Examiner, Spring 2017.
- TDT4258 Low-Level Programming, Coordinator, Autumn 2016.
- TDT4260 Computer Architecture, Examiner, Spring 2016.
- Visit Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=mmdrsyQAAAAJ&hl=en
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.