Biomed-IT Research Arena
Workshop on digital pathology at the Department of Information Technology, November 9.
News from outside the department
Inauguration of Uppsala MedTech Science & Innovation. Video of the event.
Call for projects within the Analytic Imaging Diagnostics Arena, AIDA. Deadlines August 18, October 6 and December 22.
Projects within Biomedical Information Technology
We run a wide variety of projects within the area of Biomedical Information Technology. Here we list brief summaries of ongoing projects.
Use the checkboxes to select which types of projects to display.
Workshop on current Biomed-IT projects in Uppsala
- HASTE: Hierarchical Analysis of Spatial and Temporal Data From intelligent data acquisition via smart data-management to confident prediction Abstract
- Carolina Wählby, Division of Visual Information and Interaction, Dept. of IT, UU
- Andreas Hellander, Division of Scientific Computing, Dept. of IT, UU
- GE Software for Biopharmaceuticals Abstract
- Key Hyckenberg, Staff Software Engineer, Life Sciences, GE Healthcare
- Haptics-Assisted Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery Planning using Interactive 3D Image Segmentation and Visualisation Abstract
- Ingela Nyström, Division of Visual Information and Interaction, Dept. of IT, UU
- Andreas Thor, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Dept. of Surgical Sciences, UU
- Next Generation Sequencing of Ancient DNA - Challenges and Opportunities Abstract
- Torsten Günther, Dept. of Organismal Biology, UU
- Health and Biodiversity in the Era of Data-Driven Research Abstract
- Björn Nystedt, National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Sweden, NBIS
Site visit to the Radiology department
There will be a guided tour where we get information about, and visit, different acquisition systems such as X-ray, CT, PET, Angio and MR. During the site visit, we will also get a presentation, and demo, of the information systems PACS and RIS.
Host: Per Albrektsson
Venue: We meet by entrance 85
Date and time: May 5, 13:00-16:00
Maximum number of participants: 25
Lunch seminars on current challenges in biomedical information technology Spring 2017
March 29, 12:00-13:00, Room ITC2446.
Computational challenges in the era of modern genomics: the problems
Manfred Grabherr, PI at IMBIM, UU
Computational challenges in the era of modern genomics: the solutions
Neda Zamani, researcher in the Grabherr group
Register no later than March 27 for a free sandwich
Lunch seminars on current challenges in biomedical information technology Autumn 2016
NEW: Videos from the lectures are now available on Uppsala University's YouTube channel. See links in the information below.
Digital Health. October 6, 12:00-13:00, Room ITC2446.
- Dag Nyholm, Medical Doctor, Neurology, Department of Neuroscience, UU. Video.
- Maria Hägglund, Senior Researcher, Health Informatics Centre, KI. Video.
Personalized Care Outside the Hospital. October 20, 12:00-13:00, ITC2344.
- Per-Olof Sjöberg, head of the Business and Innovation area eHealth, SICS. Video.
- Helena Grönqvist, Researcher and Research Coordinator, U-CARE, Dept. of Public Health and Caring Sciences, UU. Video.
Big Data in Medicine. November 17, 12:00-13:00, Room ITC2446.
- Ola Spjuth, Associate Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, UU. Video.
- Emma Lundberg, Associate Professor, Human Protein Atlas, KTH. Video.
Slides from the Biomed-IT workshop May 18, 2016
Workshop on Biomedical Information Technology, including final presentations of SPARC Projects.
- Design for Improved Patient Safety: Resilience Engineering and Sociotechnical Systems Design in Intensive Care. Speaker: Anders Jansson
- Automated multiscale analysis of TEM images for improved cost-effective diagnosis of cilia disorders. Speaker: Ida-Maria Sintorn
- Inference and Data-driven Modeling of population of Cells. Speaker: Stefan Engblom
- Director of Research and Education, Professor Uppsala University Hospital. Speaker: Sune Larsson
- Vice-rector of the Disciplinary Domain of Science and Technology. Speaker: Johan Tysk
- Mathematical Modeling of Neural and Behavioral Response in Deep Brain Stimulation. Speaker: Alexander Medvedev
- Computerized Image Analysis for Ophthalmologic Applications. Speaker: Filip Malmberg
- Chopsticks: Motion Sensors for Medical Diagnosis and Habilitation. Speaker: Edith Ngai