Lunch seminars on current challenges in biomedical information technology Spring 2017
March 29, 12:00-13:00, Room ITC2446.
Computational challenges in the era of modern genomics: the problems
Manfred Grabherr, PI at IMBIM, UU
Computational challenges in the era of modern genomics: the solutions
Neda Zamani, researcher in the Grabherr group
Register no later than March 27 for a free sandwich
February 23, 12:00-13:00, Room ITC2446.
Electronic Health Records
Benny Eklund, IT Strategist, County Council of Uppsala
Patient empowerment - a side effect of modern technology
Projects within Biomedical Information Technology
We run a wide variety of projects within the area of Biomedical Information Technology. Here we list brief summaries of ongoing projects.
Lunch seminars on current challenges in biomedical information technology Autumn 2016
NEW: Videos from the lectures are now available on Uppsala University's YouTube channel. See links in the information below.
Digital Health. October 6, 12:00-13:00, Room ITC2446.
- Dag Nyholm, Medical Doctor, Neurology, Department of Neuroscience, UU. Video.
- Maria Hägglund, Senior Researcher, Health Informatics Centre, KI. Video.
Personalized Care Outside the Hospital. October 20, 12:00-13:00, ITC2344.
- Per-Olof Sjöberg, head of the Business and Innovation area eHealth, SICS. Video.
- Helena Grönqvist, Researcher and Research Coordinator, U-CARE, Dept. of Public Health and Caring Sciences, UU. Video.
Big Data in Medicine. November 17, 12:00-13:00, Room ITC2446.
- Ola Spjuth, Associate Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, UU. Video.
- Emma Lundberg, Associate Professor, Human Protein Atlas, KTH. Video.
Slides from the Biomed-IT workshop May 18, 2016
Workshop on Biomedical Information Technology, including final presentations of SPARC Projects.
- Design for Improved Patient Safety: Resilience Engineering and Sociotechnical Systems Design in Intensive Care. Speaker: Anders Jansson
- Automated multiscale analysis of TEM images for improved cost-effective diagnosis of cilia disorders. Speaker: Ida-Maria Sintorn
- Inference and Data-driven Modeling of population of Cells. Speaker: Stefan Engblom
- Director of Research and Education, Professor Uppsala University Hospital. Speaker: Sune Larsson
- Vice-rector of the Disciplinary Domain of Science and Technology. Speaker: Johan Tysk
- Mathematical Modeling of Neural and Behavioral Response in Deep Brain Stimulation. Speaker: Alexander Medvedev
- Computerized Image Analysis for Ophthalmologic Applications. Speaker: Filip Malmberg
- Chopsticks: Motion Sensors for Medical Diagnosis and Habilitation. Speaker: Edith Ngai