Research centres linked to the Department of Information Technology
Centre for Image Analysis
The Centre for Image Analysis. This unit is a co-operation between the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences and Uppsala University doing research in digital image analysis. The research is both basic theory and applications, mostly within environmental, industrial, and medical image analysis.
e-Science is to develop and employ information and communication technology (ICT)-based tools for scientific investigations.
UPMARC - Uppsala Programming for Multicore Architectures Research Center 2008-2017
The department is the host for UPPMAX (Uppsala Multidisciplinary Center for Advanced Computational Science), which is Uppsala University's center for high performance computing.
WISENET (Uppsala Center for Wireless Sensor Networks) 2007-2016.
Center for women researchers in scientific computing
Uppsala University Discipline-based Higher Education Research Commons
- ARTES (A network for Real-Time research and Education in Sweden) 1997-2007
- ASTEC (Advanced Software Technology) 1995-2005
- PSCI (Parallel and Scientific Computing Institute) 1997-2005.
- NITA (the Swedish IT-User Centre) - NITA works for increased awareness regarding IT-use in society. NITA promotes the development and use of information and communication technologies (IT) by bridging gaps within and between the research community, industry, and the public sector.
- Uppsala STS - The department used to host Uppsala STS (Science and Technology Studies Center), which is a multi-disciplinary centre for research on the relation between science, technology and society.