The Optimisation Group
The Optimisation Group focuses on solving optimisation problems, which is about finding values for unknowns such that constraints are satisfied and, optionally, a cost is (near-)minimal or a gain is (near-)maximal.
Applications of optimisation include personnel rostering under work regulations and employee preferences; scheduling under precedence and resource allocation constraints; vehicle routing under time windows for deliveries or pick-ups; etc.
News from the Optimisation Group
- Maria Andreina Francisco Rodriguez defends her PhD thesis Analysis, Synthesis and Application of Automaton-Based Constraint Descriptions on Friday 15 December 2017. The opponent is Christopher Jefferson of the University of St Andrews (UK).
- Jean-Noël Monette of Tacton Systems AB in Stockholm gave the seminar CP for Product Configuration on 27 November 2017.
- Mats Carlsson gave the seminar An Integrated CP Approach to Scheduling Sports Leagues with Divisional and Round-Robin Tournaments on 20 November 2017.
- Maria Andreina Francisco Rodriguez won a Best Student Paper Award at ICTAI 2017, the 29th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence.
- Nicolas Beldiceanu, our frequent guest and co-author of IMT Atlantique (France), won the ACP Research Excellence Award.