Research on Optimisation focuses on solving optimisation problems, which is about finding values for unknowns such that constraints are satisfied and a cost is (near-)minimal or a gain is (near-)maximal. Sometimes the goal is to satisfy the constraints without a specific function to be minimised or maximised.
Our research is on methods and tools for mathematical programming, constraint programming, and local search. Applications of optimisation arise in many real-world domains, such as communication networks, transportation and logistics for resource allocation, personnel rostering under work regulations and employee preferences, scheduling under precedence and resource allocation constraints, vehicle routing under time windows for deliveries or pick-ups, routing and scheduling of data flows in information networks, planning and performance engineering of mobile communications systems, etc.
- Maarten Lucas Flippo defends his MSc thesis on a news CBLS backend for MiniZinc on 13 June 2022.
- Pierre Flener serves on the senior programme committee of CP 2022, the 28th International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, held in Haifa (Israel) in August 2022.
- Pierre Flener serves on the programme committee board and Andreína Francisco Rodriguez on the programme committee of IJCAI-ECAI 2022, the 31st International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence joint with the 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, held in Vienna (Austria) in July 2022.
- Pierre Flener served on the programme committee of CP-AI-OR 2022, the 19th International Conference on the Integration of Constraint Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Operations Research, held in Los Angeles (CA, USA) in June 2022.
- Pierre Flener served on the programme committee of AAAI 2022, the 36th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, held in Vancouver (Canada) in February 2022.