UPMARC is a centre for research in software technology for multicore platforms in Sweden.
The centre is financed by Swedish Research Council and Uppsala university.
1. The Vice-Chancellor decided on November 12, 2008 that the Faculty of Science and Technology should appoint the board and to organise UPMARC as a centre at the Department of Information Technology.
2. UPMARC must form a strong research environment and develop the research in software technology.
3. The centre is lead by a board and a director.
4. The tasks of the board is
- decide about guidelines for the activity.
- appoint a scientific advisory board.
- appoint an industrial reference group.
- decide about the centre budget.
- report to the Department of Information Technology.
- conduct an evaluation and suggest changes in organisation before each term of office.
Please see the Swedish page for more details.