Skip to main content
Department of Information Technology

Computers and Access Cards

Computers and Computer Systems

Information about the use of computers and computer systems of the Department of Information Technology can be found on the systems support website.

At the University's central web page "IT for students" you will find information on computer networks, the student portal, wireless networks, e-mail, printing, and free software, among other things.

Access Cards

To get into the buildings (outside office hours) and computer rooms (always locked), an access card is required, the so-called "Campus Card". Students participating in online courses and visitors to the university buildings do not need to register for campus cards.

Instructions on how to receive your campus card will be sent to you via email. To pick up your campus card you need to bring a valid ID an be registered for a course. Newly registered students must register and activate your user-account with Uppsala University to receive the email with instructions.

If you lose your campus card, cancel it as soon as possible. You can cancel your card by logging in to your user account. You can also contact student services to get assistance in blocking the card.

Updated  2017-01-16 16:18:44 by Peter Waites.