- Postdoctoral position on Verification and Testing of Concurrent Software2020-02-24
- Three PhD student positions in Machine Learning 2020-02-24
- Postdoctoral position on Software Security2020-02-24
- Upp till 2 Tillämpningsexperter vid UPPMAX2020-02-24
- Tenure Track Position as Assistant Professor in Computer Systems with specialization in Computer Architecture2020-02-24
- Associate Professor in Computer Systems with specialization in Computer Architecture2020-02-24
- Postdoctoral position in Security and Privacy for In-Body Networks2020-02-20
- Postdoctoral position in Computerized Image Processing and Deep Neural Networks2020-02-20
- Assistant Professor in AI with specialization in large-scale optimization2019-12-20
- 10 year Technical Impact Award to Ginevra Castellano2019-10-17
- Young Researcher Award in Computing to Mohammed Faouzi Atig2019-10-09
- Funding from KAW to Yi Wang2019-10-01
- The IT-department celebrates 20 years!2019-07-12
- Michael Thuné excellent teacher2019-05-23
- Pedagogical prize to Tobias Wrigstad2019-05-22
- Disputation | Dissertation: Aiming at Moving Targets: Applying Cognitive Work Analysis to Work Domains in Transition
- DoCS/CSD seminar: On Solving String Constraints
- Licentiatseminarium | Licentia: Securing the Memory Hierarchy from Speculative Side-Channel Attacks
- Seminar: Sum of Norms: A Convex Optimization Approach to Clustering
- Semianr: Visualizing the Black Box in Machine Learning
- Seminar: Gender in the Academic Work Environment
- Guest seminar: Applications of Statistical Machine Learning in Finance
- Disputation | Dissertation: Modeling and Visualization for Virtual Interaction with Medical Image Data
- Disputation | Dissertation: Finding and Exploiting Memory-Level-Parallelism in Constrained Speculative Architectures
The IT-department celebrates 20 years!
To celebrate this, we invite you to talks about IT.
Do you want to understand how information technology works, be a part of the IT-development and create the technology of tomorrow? At the Department of Information Technology you study in an international environment with teachers who are leading researchers within their fields. We cover a wide range of issues, from construction of computer systems, via programming of computers, storage and handling of data, to information retrieval and methods for applying computers in a variety of contexts. Find out more about our courses and international master's programmes.
Our research is grouped into five themes: Computer Systems, Computing Science, Scientific Computing, Systems & Control and Visual Information & Interaction. Each of these themes is in itself a major subject area, where we both conduct basic research and have projects with links to applications in for example Engineering, Biology, Medicine, Economy and Psychology. The broad scientific foundation is reflected in a large number of collaborations across academic disciplines as well as with industry and the public sector. Find out more about our research.
David Black-Schaffer, professor at the department of information technology at Uppsala University, gives a talk on Effective Computations: A Driving Force for IT Development.