- Postdoctoral position in AI and Professional Competencies2023-11-27
- Universitetsadjunkt i informationsteknologi2023-11-27
- Lecturer in information technology2023-11-27
- Department of IT at COP27 in Egypt2022-11-21
- Designing for Human Well-Being: A Case Study with Informal Caregivers of Individuals with Cancer2022-11-09
- Escaping unsustainable digital interactions2022-08-30
- Information systems in nurses' work: Technical rationality versus an ethic of care2022-08-23
- Master students from the IT dept. receives award for best paper2022-06-20
- New Ångström Laboratory finalist in Uppsala Municipality's Architecture Prize 20222022-06-15
Read the interview with Thiemo Voigt (Swedish only)
Do you want to understand how information technology works, be a part of the IT-development and create the technology of tomorrow? At the Department of Information Technology you study in an international environment with teachers who are leading researchers within their fields. We cover a wide range of issues, from construction of computer systems, via programming of computers, storage and handling of data, to information retrieval and methods for applying computers in a variety of contexts. Find out more about our courses and international master's programmes.
Our research is grouped into five themes: Computer Systems, Computing Science, Scientific Computing, Systems & Control and Visual Information & Interaction. Each of these themes is in itself a major subject area, where we both conduct basic research and have projects with links to applications in for example Engineering, Biology, Medicine, Economy and Psychology. The broad scientific foundation is reflected in a large number of collaborations across academic disciplines as well as with industry and the public sector.
Research at the IT department.