- Assistant Professor in Computing Science, spec Programming Languages2020-06-04
- Associate Professor in Computing Science, spec Programming Languages2020-06-04
- New professors at the Department of Information Technology2020-03-09
- VR-call ”Indo-Swedish joint network grant 2018”2020-01-13
- Anna Eckerdal Excellent Teacher2019-12-09
- VINNOVA grant2019-12-09
- Award to Ambuj Varshney2019-12-09
- Attractive Innovation Project Awards 20192019-12-09
Increase your skills online!
Are you an engineer or natural scientist and temporarily laid-off? Or do you have the time and interest anyway?
Do you want to understand how information technology works, be a part of the IT-development and create the technology of tomorrow? At the Department of Information Technology you study in an international environment with teachers who are leading researchers within their fields. We cover a wide range of issues, from construction of computer systems, via programming of computers, storage and handling of data, to information retrieval and methods for applying computers in a variety of contexts. Find out more about our courses and international master's programmes.
Our research is grouped into five themes: Computer Systems, Computing Science, Scientific Computing, Systems & Control and Visual Information & Interaction. Each of these themes is in itself a major subject area, where we both conduct basic research and have projects with links to applications in for example Engineering, Biology, Medicine, Economy and Psychology. The broad scientific foundation is reflected in a large number of collaborations across academic disciplines as well as with industry and the public sector. Find out more about our research.