Gender Equality Group
The Gender Equality Group at the Department of Information Technology works to combat gender stereotypes and promote equality, at our institution, and within the field of information technology in general.
Our basic position is that the choices individuals make should be based on each person's talents and interests, not expectations based on gender stereotypes. We believe that breaking the unfortunate gender stereotype in which information technology is perceived as a "male" subject area would contribute to greater justice and freedom in our society.
The Gender Equality Group works to promote gender equality in areas such as recruitment and equal pay, within education and research, as well as in issues of gender-related violations and gender equality within groups with important strategic or decision-making functions.
Read more about the Gender Equality Group in the department's Gender Equality Plan for 2017.
Call for Projects
Do you have an idea for a project to improve gender equality? Apply for funds via the link below. Students and faculty at the department are welcome to apply:
Equal opportunities funding for parental leave
Associate Senior Lecturers and Post Doctoral Research Fellows who are/will be on parental leave may apply for funding of 100 000 Skr to be freely used in the way deemed best to maintain/continue their research during/after their period of leave.
Important Links and Information
- Gender Equality Plan 2017
- The University plan for equal opportunities 2014-2016
- Report about pedagogic and equity at the IT department, by Sven Sandberg.
- Rådet för lika villkor ("Equality Council." In Swedish only).
- Gender equality in academic recruitment processes
- FESTA Power Point
- Center for Women Researchers in Scientific Computing.
Get in touch with our contacts for more information and assistance:
- Gender Equality Officer is Åsa Cajander.
- Secretary is Anna-Lena Forsberg.
- Contact persons regarding sexual harassment are Anna-Lena Forsberg and Karolina Malm Holmgren.
Members of our gender equality group are
- Åsa Cajander
- Anna-Lena Forsberg
- Karolina Malm Holmgren (TA)
- Lawrence Murray (Syscon)
- Dave Clarke (CSD)
- Gunilla Kreiss (TDB)
- Mats Daniels (DoCS)
- Mikael Laaksoharju (Vi2)
- Eva Breznik (PhD student)
- vacant (PhD student)
- vacant (student)
- [vacant(student) ]
- We meet in room 1345 once a month, usually every last Wednesday of the month.
- Our meetings are open for anyone interested, sign up through mailing Anna-Lena Forsberg
Meeting dates 2017
|Week day||Dates||Time||Main theme of the meeting|
|Friday||JAN 27||13:30-14:30||Enhance Capacity of the Gender Equality Group as Change Agents (section 4.5 in the action plan)|
|Wednesday||FEB 22||13:30-14:30||Better PhD Student Education for all (section 4.3 in the action plan)|
|Wednesday||MAR 29||13:30-15:30||APPLICATIONS and Gender Equality Aware Education that Creates a Better Learning Environment for All (section 4.2 in the action plan)|
|Friday||APR 28||13:30-14:30||A Better Understanding of the Gender Situation of Technical and Administrative Personnel (section 4.1 in the action plan)|
|Wednesday||AUG 30||13:30-15:30||APPLICATIONS and Better PhD Student Education for all (section 4.3 in the action plan)|
|Wednesday-Thursday||OCT 4-5||(lunch to lunch)||Gender Equality Group Retreat|
|Wednesday||NOV 29||13:30-14:30||Supporting women in post docs, associate senior lecturers or senior lecturers positions (section 4.4 in the action plan)|
Fika meetings: one Wednesday a month
- Time: 14.30
- Room: 4308
- We meet and have fika together, only informally. Open for anyone interested!
- We take coffee/tea at the staff room and if someone wants to bring something edible to share it´s fine but we don´t order in especially.
Fika dates 2017
Minutes from Meetings of the Gender Equality Group
Minutes from all meetings of the Gender Equality Group are presented in medarbetarportalen.
Minutes from the current year can also be accessed via these links, older minutes are archived below.
- Gender Equality Plan for the department for 2015
- Gender Equality Plan for the department for 2014
- Equity plan for the department for 2013
- Equity plan for the department for 2012 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2011 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2010 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2009 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2008 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the department for 2007 (Swedish only). (See also the plan for 2006.)
- Equity plan for the faculty 2007-2008 (Swedish only).
- Equity plan for the university 2007-2009 with action plan for 2007 (both English and Swedish). Note especially fortlöpande uppdrag till fakultetsnämnder och institutioner/motsvarande.
- The queer-sociological film seminar at the Dept of Sociology (fall 2006)
- Course in gender theory for PhD students, researchers and teachers at Uppsala University. Apply no later than September 8, 2006.
- Survey about gender equality and pedagogy at the IT department, by Sven Sandberg (Swedish only).
- Science Faculty equity committee (representative for our section is Elisabeth Larsson).
- Uppsala Universitety equity committee.
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-11-25 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-10-07-08 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-08-26 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-04-29 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-03-25 (See also MP)
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-03-03
- Minutes from the meeting on 2015-01-28
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-11-26
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-10-29
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-08-27
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-05-28
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-04-29
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-03-26
- Minutes from the meeting on 2014-02-26
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-10-23
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-10-02
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-05-29
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-04-24
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-03-22
- Minutes from the meeting on 2013-02-20
- Minutes from the meeting on 2012-12-14
- Minutes from the meeting on 2012-10-26