CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES PROJECTS and WORK 2022
In order to further support equal opportunities at the Department of Information Technology, the Equal Opportunities Group announces funding for equal opportunities work.
The funding available should be used for equal opportunities work. The goal is to contribute to promote and extend equal opportunities at the department, and to make efforts for a better work environment and good working conditions regardless of gender, gender identity, ethnic background, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. The funds are used to projects or applications that are expected to contribute positively to equal opportunities at the department in accordance with the Action Plan for Equal Opportunities.
The proposals will be reviewed by the Equal Opportunities Group and funding decisions will ultimately be made by the Head of Department.
There will be four calls for applications 2022 and it is possible to get funded in any of the following four areas:
- Visiting Researcher to promote equal opportunities (50-75 % of the costs are covered, max 50 000kr, visibility at the department is required, no subsidence or salary cost included; a short written report about the project must be provided after the project is finished).
- Equal Opportunities Related Education (salary for maximum 2 months, max 150 000kr, but exceptions can be made in case of projects with potential of large impact on equal opportunities work at the Department; a short written report about the project must be provided after the project is finished). Examples of projects in this call include the development of educational material for e.g. lectures, seminars, courses or similar on a topic of relevance to equal opportunities.
- Organizing Events Related to Equal Opportunities (salary for maximum 1 week, and a short written report about the project must be provided after the project is finished).
- Development Projects Related to Equal Opportunities (salary for maximum 2 months, max 150 000kr, but exceptions can be made in case of projects with potential of large impact on equal opportunities work at the Department; a short written report about the project must be provided after the project is finished). Examples of projects in this call include, but are not limited to, studies of the work environment from an equal opportunities perspective, gender mainstreaming projects, work on equal opportunities aspects in research projects (note: the work should not be part of the research itself), work to write about aspects of relevance to equal opportunities in research funding applications.
Applicants will be invited to present their project’s results at equal opportunities fikas organized by the equal opportunities group.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis, and they will be discussed at four occasions´during the year – see the schedule for the 2022 application process below.
Schedule for the 2022 application process:
|Calls||Deadline for applications||Meeting in the Equality Group||Decisions sent to applicants|
|Call 1||March 16||March 23||April 06|
|Call 2||May 18||May 25||June 08|
|Call 3||September 21||TBC||TBC|
|Call 4||November 16||November 23||December 07|
- These will be the only four occasions when funding applications are reviewed. The applications must be submitted to the Equal Opportunities Officer Ginevra Castellano (ginevra.castellano at it.uu.se) at the latest on the day of the deadline, in order to be discussed at the corresponding equal opportunities meeting. Submissions sent in after a deadline will be dealt with at the next round of
- The applications must be written in English.
- Proposals should be up to three pages and include the following:
- A general description
- Relevance to the call
- The activities carried out in this project
- Budget according to the template provided
- People involved, including a project owner
- Contact information
(Optional) Join the Equal opportunities group meeting at which your application is to be
discussed, to offer additional information and clarifications if needed.
For more information about the equality opportunities work at the department, see our main webpage or contact a member of the Equal Opportunities Group.