Equal Opportunities Group Meeting 210526
Theme of the meeting: Enhance capacity of the equal opportunities group to work as change agents
Present at the Zoom-meeting were Ginevra Castellano, Anna-Lena Forsberg, Gunilla Kreiss, Thiemo Voigt, Sofia Alfsson, David Sumpter, Johannes Borgström, Virginia Grande (to answer question to her proposal).
1. Enhance capacity of the equal opportunities group to work as change agents
- Organize an equal opportunities retreat in fall 2021. Ginevra and Anna-Lena will doodle a date for the retreat and search the possibilities, taken the pandemic into account.
- Assess feasibility of organizing an equal opportunities day. Ginevra will follow up if a collaboration with the Teknat Equal Opportunities group is possible.
- Include examples of successful work by the group. Ginevra will allocate some of the funded work, for example the SysCon-project.
- Design posters to increase visibility of the equal opportunities group. Ginevra will ask Leslie and Eva if their time allows to do it late this year.
2. Updates to document with instructions for search groups.
As a follow up on the Department’s strategy day for research, the group’s task is to formulate the 6th point on the list in the instructions for the search groups: “List of identified candidates” (marked in yellow). Ginevra wrote a suggested alternative text, which was discussed at the meeting. The major changes is that it will be 2 candidates, one woman and one man, who indicates an interest in applying. If it is a candidate who does not want to be named, then the candidate can be X instead.
3. Routines for how to deal with harassment.
Another follow up on the Department’s strategy day for research is that the group should discuss a document on how to prevent victimization and harassments, which would be decided by the Board. The draft, made by Ginevra, was discussed regarding who should be responsible and how it should be implemented.
4. Project applications
The proposals can be found in the MP-group: IT-dept. Equal Opportunites group https://mp.uu.se/web/it-inst-gender-equity-group/oversikt
1.“Coded bias documentary” submitted by Virginia Grande. The group decided to suggest the Head of department to approve the proposal.
2."Inspiration Day” submitted by Helena Frestadius. The group decided to suggest the Head of department to approve the proposal.
Coming equal opportunities fikas:
• Wednesday 2/6: Karin Schönning, at the Department of Physics. Her talk is called “Dandelion scientists, gender traps in the PhD education”.
Next meeting is:
• August 25: Meeting 14:30-15:30. A zoom invitation will be sent out to all.
Take care /Anna-Lena