Department of Information Technology
|Finite Element Methods
Finite Element Methods
During the course there will be three voluntarily assignments. Submit within deadline and I will correct them and give feedback.
Update 101125: As with the laborations, for a fully
electronic submission, you simply mail me a single file in the
portable document format (pdf).
- A1: A Posteriori error estimates and adaptivity (pdf) (deadline 23/11)
- A2: The wave equation (pdf) (deadline 9/12)
- A3: Adaptivity in 2D (pdf) (deadline 22/12)
Update 101116: In order to provide a clear and positive
motivation for doing the assignments I will make an effort in
incorporating this material in the final exam!
Guidelines for submission of Assignments
It is expected that you discuss your work before
it is submitted, but write your own solution and get
- The first page of the report should state clearly:
- Names (and email addresses) of all students in the group (a group may consist of no more
than two students) with signatures
- Date of Submission
- You are encouraged to submit a report even if you have only partially completed the work. Incomplete solutions may still be good enough.
- I do accept handwritten reports. In order to get good
feedback, make an effort in writing readable.