PhD Courses for UU/IT Students
Please read your relevant curriculum at subject curricula in order to understand the course requirements of (your specialisation of) your PhD programme.
Mandatory Courses by the TekNat Faculty
- A course on research ethics, minimum 2 credits, is mandatory for a licentiate or PhD degree: search for research ethics at TekNat Postgraduate Courses.
- A course on teacher training, minimum 7.5 credits, is mandatory for PhD students with teaching duties: search for university educational theory at TekNat Postgraduate Courses.
Faculty-Wide Courses by the TekNat Faculty
Faculty-wide PhD courses shared by all the departments within the TekNat Faculty are aimed at PhD students within several subjects and specialisations: see the current offerings at TekNat Faculty-Wide Postgraduate Courses; several of these courses are taught at the IT department!
Courses by the IT Department
The IT Department offers a core curriculum of PhD courses regularly. In addition, PhD courses in the form of seminars and guest lectures are often organised, in order to cover special issues and timely research topics. Here are the course lists of the four PhD programmes (including those of their specialisations):
Every PhD student is free to attend every course of every programme, so all four lists should be browsed, especially that there are broad introductory courses in each list.
Other Sites with Relevant Courses
- Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Uppsala University: sign up for their mailing list in case you are interested in such courses
- Swedish e-Science Education, postgraduate school
- PhD courses of NordTek, the Network of the Technical Universities in the five Nordic countries
Archive of PhD courses at the IT department
The following archive is not maintained any more, because it is now distributed over the archives of the four PhD programmes linked-to above:
- Courses offered in 2017/2018
- Courses offered in 2016/2017
- Courses offered in 2015/2016
- Courses offered in 2014/2015
- Courses offered in 2013/2014
- Courses offered in 2012/2013
- Courses offered in 2011/2012
- Courses offered in 2010/2011
- Courses offered in 2009/2010
- Courses offered in 2008/2009
- Courses offered in 2007/2008