Lina von Sydow
I am Professor in Scientific Computing at the Department of Information Technology.
I am Section Dean for the section of Mathematics and Computer Science since July 1 2023.
My research is concerned with aspects of scientific computing in finance and ice sheet modeling. Previously, my main research focus was in domain decomposition methods and fast solvers for PDEs.
I teach courses in scientific computing, mainly ones specialized on applications in finance.
Keywords: scientific computing computational finance ice sheet modeling fast solvers domain decomposition methods partial differential equations
- PhD thesis defence in May 1995 with thesis Domain Decomposition Methods and Fast Solvers for First-order PDEs.
- Postdoc at Oxford University 1996/97.
- Permanent position as senior lecturer at Uppsala Universitet since 1997.
- Docent 2000.
- Excellent teacher 2013.
- Head of the Department of Information technology 2018-2023.
- Section Dean for the section of Mathematics and Computer Science since July 1 2023.
My current research is concerned with numerical methods in
Previously my research area was
You find my Google Scholar profile here.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.