I am employed as a Researcher at Department of Information Technology and as Cloud Application Expert at UPPMAX HPC Centre. My job responsibilities include research in the field of cloud computing and big data, teaching courses, participate in university cloud initiatives and helps scientists to transform legacy applications to be provided as cloud services. During 2015, I have joined Swedish National Infrastructure for Computing (SNIC) as a Senior Cloud Architect.
Keywords: big data cloud computing distributed computing infrastructures
Also available at
Salman Toor has done his Masters and PhD in Scientific Computing from Uppsala University, Sweden. In 2014, Toor has finished his postdoctoral research from CMS program, Helsinki Institute of Physics, Finland. His area of expertise include management, scalability and performance of distributed computational and storage infrastructures for scientific applications. Toor is also an active member of Distributed Computing Applications (DCA) group at Uppsala University. During 2015, Toor has joined Swedish National Infrastructure for Computing (SNIC) as a Senior Cloud Architect.
- HASTE: Hierarchical Analysis of Spatial and Spatial and Temporal Data
- Cost-aware Application Development and Management using CLOUD-METRIC
- GROOT: Infrastructure_Security-as-a-Service (ISaaS)
- HarmonicIO: A Stream-based Solution for Scalable Data Analysis
- A Flexible Computational Framework Using R and Map-Reduce
- A Scalable Infrastructure for CMS Data Analysis
- Secure Cloud Connectivity for Scientific Applications
- Chelonia: A Self-healing Distributed Store
For details click here.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.