DiVA Guidelines for Doctoral Theses at the Department of IT
In addition to the UU Library Guide for licentiate and doctoral theses, there are important IT-departmental guidelines listed below.
Division and Research Programme
In DiVA both division affiliation (avdelningstillhörighet) and research programme (forskningsprogram) are author attributes residing as leaves in the same hierarchical organisation menu. For authors of theses, two menu choices should be made:
- first mark the division
- then mark the research programme.
- The research programme is given division-wise as follows:
- Division of Computer Systems
- Computer Systems
- Computer Architecture and Communication Systems
- Division of Computing Science
- Computing Science
- Division of Scientific Computing
- Computational Science
- Numerical Analysis
- Division of Systems and Control
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automatic Control
- Division Vi3
- Computing Education Research
- Image Analysis and Human-Computer Interaction
Refrain from any redundant markings in the hierarchical organisation menu. For every leaf or node in the organisation tree, all their ancestors are inherited.
In the Research Subject menu, mark the PhD subject (forskarutbildningsämne) in which the author is admitted to PhD studies.