MWB'99: Brief installation instructions
- To build MWB using SML/NJ 110.55 or 110.59
1. Run sml -m sources.cm saveit.sml
- To build MWB using SML/NJ 110.0.7
-1. Download and unpack MWB 4.135, not the latest version. Apply the patch for distinction handling to it. (The interface to some standard libraries changed incompatibly somewhere between 110.0.7 and 110.55.)
0. Edit sources.cm by deleting the two lines
str : suffix (sml) $/basis.cm
just after the initial Group is line.
- start sml-cm (or sml, if it has CM preloaded)
- exit sml-cm
- start sml
- use "buildit.sml";
If you are using Windows
you may have to edit the file "loadit.sml" after step 3 above, since CM.sa writes it using \ as a directory delimiter in pathnames, without quoting it in strings (this is a bug in SML/NJ, at least version 110.0.7). In this case, you need to double all those \ characters.
- When done
Run mwb.sh to start it!
When using Windows
You may want to rename the file "mwb.sh" to "mwb.bat" in order to start the MWB.