is to develop the insights that enable new tools and approaches to make parallel programming easier, and to demonstrate their effectiveness through prototype implementations on real problems.
Support for Industrial Collaboration
- UPMARC supports industrial collaboration projects. See here
- Adaptive cache warming for faster simulations. In Proc. 9th Workshop on Rapid Simulation and Performance Evaluation: Methods and Tools, ACM Press, New York, 2017. (To appear) (Vetenskapsrådet [2014-5480]) (Stiftelsen för strategisk forskning (SSF) [FFL12-0051])
- An approximation framework for solvers and decision procedures. In Journal of automated reasoning, volume 58, 2017. Publication status: Epub ahead of print
- Kim-Anh Tran has January 2017 been awarded an ACM-W scholarship.
- Kim-Anh Tran has January 2017 been awarded a professional activities grant from the ACM SIGPLAN Professional Activities Committee for attending the International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO'17).
- Pontus Ekberg, has been awarded the Bjurzons Premium "for an excellent treatise in the field of science written by a student or young academic teacher." december 2016. Read about Bjurzons Premium here (in Swedish only).
- Kim-Anh Tran was awarded the third prize for her work on compiling for energy-efficiency "SWOOP: Software Out-of-Order Execution for In-Order Architectures" in the ACM Student Research competition organised in conjunction with PACT'16. More details about the competition and prizes are available here: http://pactconf.org/acm-src/
- Best poster award at IPDPS 2016 (IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium) Germán Ceballos won best poster award for the PHD forum at IPDPS.
- Independent Pedagogical Award 2016: David Black-Schaffer has been awarded the Independent Pedagogical Award 2016! The theme was "Integration of digital resources in teaching and learning".