is to develop the insights that enable new tools and approaches to make parallel programming easier, and to demonstrate their effectiveness through prototype implementations on real problems.
Past, Present and Future of Parallel Programming
13 NOVEMBER 2018, UPPSALA, SWEDEN
Register before October 31, 2018
- SWOOP: software-hardware co-design for non-speculative, execute-ahead, in-order cores. In Proceedings of the 39th ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, pp 328-343, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 2018.
- Behind the Scenes: Memory Analysis of Graphical Workloads on Tile-based GPUs. In 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), Belfast, UK, 2018.
- Mesoscopic modeling of random walk and reactions in crowded media. In Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, volume 98, pp 033304:1-16, 2018.
- Kiko Fernandez-Reyes, Dave Clarke, Elias Castegren, and Huu-Phuc Vo have received the best paper award at COORDINATION 2018 conference for their paper "Forward to a Promising Future."
- Björn Victor, was awarded the Uppsala University Pedagogical Award for 2018 in the area of mathematics, natural sciences, and technology.
- Stefanos Kaxiras, has been inducted in the ISCA Hall of Fame.
- The paper Optimal Dynamic Partial Order Reduction with Observers won one of the TACAS'18 distinguished artifact awards at ETAPS 2018 in April 2018.
Theses, Dissertations 2018
Yunyun Zhu: Caches, Transactions and Memories: Models, Coherence and Consistency. Ph.D. thesis. Digital Comprehensive Summaries of Uppsala Dissertations from the Faculty of Science and Technology, ISSN 1651-6214 nr 1665. Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, 2018.
Jonatan Lindén: Synchronization Techniques in Parallel Discrete Event Simulation. Ph.D. thesis. Digital Comprehensive Summaries of Uppsala Dissertations from the Faculty of Science and Technology, ISSN 1651-6214 nr 1634. Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, 2018.
Afshin Zafari: Advances in Task-Based Parallel Programming for Distributed Memory Architectures
Opponent: Doctor George Bosilca,University of Tennessee.
Elias Castegren: Capability-Based Type Systems for Concurrency Control
Opponent: Professor Alan Mycroft, Cambridge University.
Static Instruction Scheduling for High Performance on Energy-Efficient Processors. Kim-Anh Tran. Licentiate thesis.
Othmane Rezine: Verification of networks of communicating processes: Reachability problems and decidability issues
Opponent: Professor Doctor Barbara König, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany.