is to develop the insights that enable new tools and approaches to make parallel programming easier, and to demonstrate their effectiveness through prototype implementations on real problems.
- Safely Abstracting Memory Layouts. In 20th Workshop on Formal Techniques for Java-like Programs, 2018.
- Extending SHAPES for SIMD Architectures – An approach to native support for Struct of Arrays in languages. In 13th Implementation, Compilation, Optimization of Object-Oriented Languages, Programs and Systems Workshop, 2018.
- Parallel Programming With Arrays in Kappa. In 5th ACM SIGPLAN International Workshop on Libraries, Languages and Compilers for Array Programming, 2018.
- Kiko Fernandez-Reyes, Dave Clarke, Elias Castegren, and Huu-Phuc Vo have received the best paper award at COORDINATION 2018 conference for their paper "Forward to a Promising Future."
- Björn Victor, was awarded the Uppsala University Pedagogical Award for 2018 in the area of mathematics, natural sciences, and technology.
- Stefanos Kaxiras, has been inducted in the ISCA Hall of Fame.
- The paper Optimal Dynamic Partial Order Reduction with Observers won one of the TACAS'18 distinguished artifact awards at ETAPS 2018 in April 2018.
Theses, Dissertations 2018
Yunyun Zhu: Caches, Transactions and Memories: Models, Coherence and Consistency. Ph.D. thesis. Digital Comprehensive Summaries of Uppsala Dissertations from the Faculty of Science and Technology, ISSN 1651-6214 nr 1665. Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, 2018.
Jonatan Lindén: Synchronization Techniques in Parallel Discrete Event Simulation. Ph.D. thesis. Digital Comprehensive Summaries of Uppsala Dissertations from the Faculty of Science and Technology, ISSN 1651-6214 nr 1634. Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, 2018.
Afshin Zafari: Advances in Task-Based Parallel Programming for Distributed Memory Architectures
Opponent: Doctor George Bosilca,University of Tennessee.
Elias Castegren: Capability-Based Type Systems for Concurrency Control
Opponent: Professor Alan Mycroft, Cambridge University.
Static Instruction Scheduling for High Performance on Energy-Efficient Processors. Kim-Anh Tran. Licentiate thesis.
Othmane Rezine: Verification of networks of communicating processes: Reachability problems and decidability issues
Opponent: Professor Doctor Barbara König, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany.