is to develop the insights that enable new tools and approaches to make parallel programming easier, and to demonstrate their effectiveness through prototype implementations on real problems.
2018-03-02 at 10:00, sal 2446, ITC, Lägerhyddsvägen 2, hus 2, Uppsala
Afshin Zafari: Advances in Task-Based Parallel Programming for Distributed Memory Architectures
Opponent: Doctor George Bosilca,University of Tennessee.
2018-02-09 at 13:15, sal 2446, ITC, Lägerhyddsvägen 2, hus 2, Uppsala
Elias Castegren: Capability-Based Type Systems for Concurrency Control
Opponent: Professor Alan Mycroft, Cambridge University.
2018-01-17 Static Instruction Scheduling for High Performance on Energy-Efficient Processors. Kim-Anh Tran. Licentiate thesis.
2018-01-12 at 13:15, ITC/2446, Polacksbacken, Lägerhyddsvägen 2,, Uppsala
Othmane Rezine: Verification of networks of communicating processes: Reachability problems and decidability issues
Opponent: Professor Doctor Barbara König, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany.
- The paper Trevor E. Carlson, Kim-Anh Tran, Alexandra Jimborean, Konstantinos Koukos, Magnus Själander and Stefanos Kaxiras. "Transcending Hardware Limits with Software Out-of-order Processing." IEEE Computer Architecture Letters (2017) was selected as one of three Best of CAL in 2017 by the Editorial Board of IEEE Computer Architecture Letters (CAL).
- Authors of Best of CAL papers get to present their work (and any follow-up results if they wish) at the IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA). This year, the Best of CAL session will take place on the second day of the conference, February 27, 2018.
- This is a first for our department, to have a CAL paper awarded a presentation in the one of the top-two forums in Computer Architecture.
- A Skiplist-Based Concurrent Priority Queue with Minimal Memory Contention. Technical report / Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University nr 2018-003, 2018.
- Analyzing performance variation of task schedulers with TaskInsight. In Parallel Computing, 2018. Publication status: Accepted
- Effective Techniques for Stateless Model Checking. Ph.D. thesis, Digital Comprehensive Summaries of Uppsala Dissertations from the Faculty of Science and Technology nr 1602, Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, Uppsala, 2018.