Uppsala Programming for Multicore Architectures Research Center
is to develop the insights that enable new tools and approaches to make parallel programming easier, and to demonstrate their effectiveness through prototype implementations on real problems.
- Kim-Anh Tran was awarded the third prize for her work on compiling for energy-efficiency "SWOOP: Software Out-of-Order Execution for In-Order Architectures" in the ACM Student Research competition organised in conjunction with PACT'16. More details about the competition and prizes are available here: http://pactconf.org/acm-src/
- Best poster award at IPDPS 2016 (IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium) Germán Ceballos won best poster award for the PHD forum at IPDPS.
- Independent Pedagogical Award 2016: David Black-Schaffer has been awarded the Independent Pedagogical Award 2016! The theme was "Integration of digital resources in teaching and learning". The motivation: David Black-Schaffer accounts for a dedicated and enthusiastic integration of digital resources in teaching and learning. The students work actively and are supported in their learning process with very elaborated digital teaching material. With great passion, he develops, uses and renews a "flipped classroom teaching", which he has also shared with students and teachers. This full-scale integration of digital resources stimulates learning and makes the studying fun. [Editor's translation]
Dissertations in September 2016
- 7 September 13:15: Carl Leonardsson, Verification of Software under Relaxed Memory
- 9 September 10:15: Ramunas Gutkovas, Languages, Logics, Types and Tools for Concurrent System Modelling
- 22 September 13:15: Johannes Åman Pohjola, Culling Concurrency Theory: Reusable and trustworthy meta-theory, proof techniques and separation results
- 29 September 13:15: Vasileios Spiliopoulos, Improving Energy-Efficiency of Multicores using First-Order Modeling
- 30 September 13:15: Konstantinos Koukos, Efficient Execution Paradigms for Parallel Heterogeneous Architectures
- Data placement across the cache hierarchy: Minimizing data movement with reuse-aware placement. In Proc. 34th International Conference on Computer Design, pp 117-124, IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, 2016.
- An approximation framework for decision procedures. In Journal of automated reasoning, volume 57, 2016. Publication status: Accepted
- Verification of Software under Relaxed Memory. Ph.D. thesis, Digital Comprehensive Summaries of Uppsala Dissertations from the Faculty of Science and Technology nr 1387, Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, Uppsala, 2016.