is to develop the insights that enable new tools and approaches to make parallel programming easier, and to demonstrate their effectiveness through prototype implementations on real problems.
UPMARC Day (13 Nov 2018)
- Oprimal dynamic partial order reduction with observers. In Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, TACAS, 2018, volume 06 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, Berlin, 2018.
- Verification of timed asynchronous programs. In IARCS Annual Conference on Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science: FSTTCS 2018, volume 122 of Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics, pp 8:1-16, Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik, Dagstuhl, Germany, 2018.
- C?: A New Modular Approach to Implementing Efficient and Tunable Collections. In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM SIGPLAN International Symposium on New Ideas, New Paradigms, and Reflections on Programming and Software (Onward! 2018), pp 57-71, ACM, 2018.
- Kiko Fernandez-Reyes, Dave Clarke, Elias Castegren, and Huu-Phuc Vo have received the best paper award at COORDINATION 2018 conference for their paper "Forward to a Promising Future."
- Björn Victor, was awarded the Uppsala University Pedagogical Award for 2018 in the area of mathematics, natural sciences, and technology.
- Stefanos Kaxiras, has been inducted in the ISCA Hall of Fame.
- The paper Optimal Dynamic Partial Order Reduction with Observers won one of the TACAS'18 distinguished artifact awards at ETAPS 2018 in April 2018.
Theses, Dissertations 2018
Yunyun Zhu: Caches, Transactions and Memories: Models, Coherence and Consistency. Ph.D. thesis. Digital Comprehensive Summaries of Uppsala Dissertations from the Faculty of Science and Technology, ISSN 1651-6214 nr 1665. Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, 2018.
Jonatan Lindén: Synchronization Techniques in Parallel Discrete Event Simulation. Ph.D. thesis. Digital Comprehensive Summaries of Uppsala Dissertations from the Faculty of Science and Technology, ISSN 1651-6214 nr 1634. Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, 2018.
Afshin Zafari: Advances in Task-Based Parallel Programming for Distributed Memory Architectures
Opponent: Doctor George Bosilca,University of Tennessee.
Elias Castegren: Capability-Based Type Systems for Concurrency Control
Opponent: Professor Alan Mycroft, Cambridge University.
Static Instruction Scheduling for High Performance on Energy-Efficient Processors. Kim-Anh Tran. Licentiate thesis.
Othmane Rezine: Verification of networks of communicating processes: Reachability problems and decidability issues
Opponent: Professor Doctor Barbara König, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany.