Uppsala Networked Objects (UNO)
Note that from January 2023 the group has moved to the Department of Electrical Engineering
Our objective is to network all kind of objects from the tiniest sensors and actuators to more full-blown objects such as quadrocopters in a reliable, secure and efficient way. We perform systems research, i.e., we work with real prototype systems. We collaborate closely with the Connected Intelligence Unit at RISE Computer Science (earlier SICS) and the CORE research group. We also collaborate with universities abroad. For example,we have joint projects with the University of Colombo (Sri Lanka). We offer interesting Master's theses.
We publish at top tier conferences such as IEEE/ACM IPSN, ACM SenSys, ACM MobiSys, ACM MobiCom and EWSN.
MSc theses and Projects
Please contact Thiemo Voigt if you are interested in doing your thesis or other projects with us.
Master's thesis on Security for Wearable and Implanted Devices
BSc thesis on Implementation of Secure Pairing for on-body IoT devices
We run several interesting projects. One of our larger project is called
Don't Hack my Body!
We are also involved in the Update project
- Madhushanka Padmal, PhD student
- Dilushi Piumwardane, PhD student
- Ahmed Adam El Yaacoub, PhD student
- Kasun Hewage, PhD student
- Weining Song, PhD student
- Konrad-Felix Krentz, Postdoctoral Researcher
- Qi Lin, Postdoctoral Researcher
- Saba Akbari, Postdoctoral Researcher
- Joel Höglund, PhD student working at RISE Computer Science
- Luca Mottola Guest Professor
- Thiemo Voigt, Professor
- Joakim Eriksson, PhD student working at RISE Computer Science
- Niclas Finne, PhD student working at RISE Computer Science
- Zhitao He, external PhD student
Associated Senior Researchers
- Shahid Raza, Director, Cybersecurity UNIT at RISE
We are involved in computer communication courses including Internet of Things