Uppsala Networked Objects (UNO)
Our objective is to network all kind of objects from the tiniest sensors and actuators to more full-blown objects such as quadrocopters in a reliable, secure and efficient way. We perform systems research, i.e., we work with real prototype systems. We collaborate closely with the Networked Embedded Systems group at SICS and the CORE research group. We also collaborate with universities abroad. For example,we have joint projects with the National University of Cuyo (Mendoza, Argentina) and the University of Colombo (Sri Lanka). We offer interesting Master's theses.
MSc theses and Projects
Please contact Thiemo Voigt if you are interested in doing your thesis or other projects with us.
New thesis proposal (October 2018) at key agreement in body area networks
Older thesis proposals: on visible light, one on security in Chaos, a super-efficient all-to-all data sharing protocol and one on mobile banking security These proposals can be seen as examples and we are open for other ideas that we can match to the candidate's profile.
- Sam Hylamia (PhD student)
- Ambuj Varshney (PhD)
- Carlos Pérez Penichet (PhD student)
- Dilushi Piumwardane (PhD student)
- Kasun Hewage (PhD student)
- Joel Höglund (PhD student working at SICS)
- Thiemo Voigt (Professor)
- Joakim Eriksson (PhD student working at SICS)
- Niclas Finne (PhD student working at SICS)
- Niklas Wirström (external PhD student)
- Zhitao He (external PhD student)
Associated Senior Researchers
We are involved in computer communication courses including Internet of Things